welcome to the kizomba gala challenge
The Kizomba Gala Challenge is a dance festival organized by the Kin Dancers, which takes place from June 8 to 12, 2023 in one of the largest performance venues in Nantes. As its name suggests, it is structured around 3 main themes:
1 KIZOMBA: 4 days of learning KIZOMBA, SEMBA, AFRO ADNCE dances, with
parties, social, entertainment and many other surprises, all on the coordination of
a selection of the best performing artists.
2 Gala: On Saturday, from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m., there is a spectacular backdrop of tables
on which festival-goers sit for dinner to observe the great show
3 Challenge: On Saturday, during the gala, the competition of schools in choreographic training takes place.
The Challenge is an international dance competition in choreographic training dedicated to the schools of KIZOMBA, SEMBA and AFRO DANCE. The objective of this competition is to bring together schools from all over the world, in order to present the work done by the teacher during a dance season, and to Allow the student to challenge himself, and to evaluate his level according to the other candidates. A personal challenge that will give you another vision of this beautiful dance
On the way to the 4th edition with as always a lot of surprises !
Amazing location for your entertainment
The Challenge is an international dance competition in choreographic training dedicated to the schools of KIZOMBA, SEMBA and AFRO DANCE. The objective of this competition is to bring together schools from all over the world, in order to present the work done by the teacher during a dance season, and to Allow the student to challenge himself, and to evaluate his level according to the other candidates. A personal challenge that will give you another vision of this beautiful dance.
The participation fee for the competition is 50 euros per student. These participation fees are collected by the teacher via the Weezevent online ticket office, with the
completed list of participants, or by bank transfer and PayPal in through the organization. Each teacher wishing to present his students registers by contacting the organization directly
a) Student Challengers
Students who participate in the challenge are ticketed to the festival offered, giving them access to all activities from Thursday to Monday (the pre part included)
b) Challenger Professors
- Challenger teachers have the opportunity to give an hour of lessons during this
- Support for their transport, accommodation and nutrition during the festival
- A price of 1000€ to share between 3 first school (500€ - 300€ - 20€)
These rules are intended for teachers who wish to enter their students in this competition. It is their responsibility to explain the content of the competition to their students.
- Choreographic training is the performance by several people of a sequence of ensemble movements according to a music.
- It is allowed for two girls to dance together in a choreography.
- For a minimum duration of 3 minutes and maximum of 4 minutes
- In the soundtrack, we must find the following styles: kizomba (ghetto zouk,
tarraxa, urban kiz), semba and afrohouse. The sequence order and duration of
each dance style in the soundtrack is free to each team.
- The soundtrack should be sent to the firstname.lastname@example.org address
- During the passage of a school, teachers do not have the right to intervene in the
choreography, under risk of disqualification.
- Each group has the possibility to broadcast an image or video on a projector
during their passage.
Outfits must create a shape specific to the character of the dance:
- The group must have an ensemble or harmonic outfit in line with what the
dancers want to present.
- Decency is always required regarding outfits and makeup
- Any mark of belonging (religious, political ...) is not allowed on stage
- Do not wear clothing or jewelry that is dangerous to dancers
- Gold costume accessories are prohibited
Here are the simplified criteria grouped by item
- TIMING /10pts
Respect for the timing of the different dances throughout the choreography
- MUSICALITY /5pts
Interpretation of different elements of music (instruments, lyrics), by different
dance elements (shines, tricks, tricks, acrobatics, etc.)
- DANCE TECHNIQUES /10pts
Execution of movements (cleanliness, clarity, finish, effortless) / Respect for the style
of the dance technique performed / Overall dance techniques (posture, amplitude,
finishing of hands and feet, supports, etc.)
- DIFFICULT / 5pts
Difficulty and fluidity of movements, carries and tricks performed
- CONNECTION BETWEEN DANCERS/AUDIENCE /5pts
Interaction between dancers, audience and judges (complicity, variations in emotions and
- CHOREOGRAPHY AND ORIGINALITY / 10pts
Style, diversity of movements, synchronization between participants, originality,
artistic proposal, choreography with music, movement and management of space
- SCENIC AND VISUAL PRESENCE /5pts
General presentation (aesthetics, hairstyle, costume, make-up) / charisma and stage
presence in connection with the proposed choreography
- If the teacher participates in the choreography with his students
- If the soundtrack is not respected
- If we do not find the three styles of dances in the choreography
- The decisions and notes of the jury will be final and without appeal.
- Any form of disrespect for the members of the jury, the organization and the
general public is prohibited on the part of participants, teachers and supporters.
- The mere fact of participating in the contest entails the pure and simple acceptance
of these rules and the arbitration that the organizers may have to take in the
cases provided for. or not.
For more information, please contact:
06.72.80.87.91 - 06.52.84.10.86 - 06.21.49.70.60
The Kizomba Gala Challenge Festival takes place from June 16th to June 09th 2023 in one of the largest party halls in Nantes called La Carrière. Nestled in the heart of a green setting, La Carrière offers a range of modern and fully adaptable rooms, depending on the size of the event and the desired atmosphere. In this realm of stone and water, conducive to creation and the emergence of ideas, La Carrière has been hosting professional and cultural events of various styles and horizons for 20 years.
We set up several shuttles from the airport/station to the dance hall and the hotels